The DSU Graduate Council is charged with the following responsibilities:
- The Graduate Council is responsible for the establishment of policy and standards for graduate education and for approval, review, and monitoring of graduate programs at DSU.
- The Graduate Council shall collaborate with University administration, colleges, and academic departments to ensure consistency and excellence in all graduate degree programs.
- The Graduate Council establishes policies and procedures for graduate education, including the drafting or amending of sections of DSU Policies and DSU catalog relevant to all graduate programs. Such
policies are subject to review by the Faculty Senate as specified in the DSU Policy Manual.
- The Graduate Council shall conduct formal approval of all new graduate program and course proposals and formal approval of all graduate program change proposals, including changes in program
- The Graduate Council sets/revises general graduate admissions standards and policies common to all graduate programs.
- The Graduate Council shall work collaboratively with the Director of Graduate Studies and Marketing & Communications to develop and execute cooperative strategies for recruitment, promotion, and marketing of graduate education at Dixie State University.